Friday, September 30, 2011

Day Eighteen: Thankfulness


Day Eighteen of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms 
Thankfulness 
Psalms 40, 41, 48, 49, 51, 119 

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1 

 Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me this day, for hearing my prayers. When I wait 

patiently for you to help me, you turn to me, lifting me up and setting my feet on the path 

I should walk. Father, you give me blessings upon blessings.

 [Recite your blessings from the Lord.] 

Thank you for your presence in my life. You are my source of joy, security, and 

salvation. You are my defender and guide forever. I donʼt have to fear when trouble 

comes, for you are with me. You desire complete honesty from me when I pray, and 

when I give you thanks with all my heart, it honors you. Thank you, Lord, that I am 

considered precious in your eyes. My true happiness is found walking in the path of 

your commands. So I walk in the freedom you give and share this joy with others. When 

I ponder the direction of my life, I turn to you for answers, and you give me good 

judgment and knowledge. 

Thank you, Lord, for pouring your mercy out on me, your servant. 

[What specifically can you thank God for today?]

No comments:

Post a Comment