Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day Nine: Confessions of the Heart


Day Nine of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms
Confessions of the heart 
Psalms 25, 32, 101, 102, 103, 104 

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach 
me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:4-5 

Father, I have sinned against you and you alone. Forgive my rebellious spirit and show 

me the path that I should take. Lead me on this road and teach me your truths along the 

way. Father, I ask forgiveness from the sins I bring to you today.

  [Confess what lies on your heart.] 

Lead me to a life of integrity, beginning in my own home. Please give me the strength to 

refuse to look at anything that is vile or vulgar, or be a part of that which is crooked or 

perverse in your eyes. Without you I am imprisoned by my sins and left to die. Ransom 

me from certain death and surround me with love and tender mercies. Thank you, Lord, 

for clearing my record so that I may live in complete honesty. Confessing my sins allows 

my guilt to leave and joy to fill my heart. Where you send your Spirit, new life is born. 

Create in me a clean heart, Lord, I pray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment