Monday, September 19, 2011

Day Seven: Praising Him


Day Seven of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms
Praising Him 
Psalms 47, 49, 50 

Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy. Psalm 47:1 

Father God, I stand fearless today because I have a safe place to hide in you. You fight 

my battles for me. There is no such thing as self rescue, it is beyond my capability. But 

you, Father, snatch me from the clutch of death, reaching down and grabbing me. Even 

before the sun rises, you are my protector. Lord, I give you a banquet of praise and

honor preparing the way to receive your salvation. Let my praises be evident today that 

everyone may see you are a marvelous God. I am still for a moment taking a long loving 

look at the most high God, exhaulted above all nations, all politics, above everything 

everywhere. You are Lord over all the earth. The powers of earth are yours. I ponder 

your love in action, God, and long to tell the next generation detail by detail the greatest 

love story ever written. My God forever, who guides me until the end of time. 

[Thank God specifically today for how he has rescued you and shown his love to you.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment