Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day Six: Confessions of the Heart


Day Six of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms
Confessions of the Heart 
Psalms 29, 118, 119, 139 

The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psalm 
29:11 

I pray to you today Lord as pressure and stress are bearing down on me. I question the 

direction I allow my life to go. I ask that you help me not to compromise, but walk only 

on the paths that you have commanded me to. Guide my steps so that I may never be

overcome by evil. Please let my actions be consistent with your principles. Open my

eyes to your truths, and overwhelm me with the desire to follow you. Turn my eyes from

worthless temptations. [List them.] Give me discernment so that I may know your will for

me. Help me not to stumble and fall, but live in such a way that I bring praise to you.

You examine my heart and know everything about me. You know what I am thinking and

what I am going to say even before I say it. I cannot hide my thoughts from you, even in

darkness, thoughts of [list them]. I ask that you destroy the wickedness that begins in

my mind. Reveal it to me so my thoughts and actions are appropriate in your sight. I ask

for your strength when I get weak and your peace when I am troubled. I look to you for

unfailing love.

[In what area of your life might you be compromising today? Confess it to the Lord.]

No comments:

Post a Comment