Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day Twelve: Confessions of the Heart


Day Twelve of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms 
Confessions of the heart 

 Psalms 1, 3, 5, 90, 94, 147 

Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit. Psalm 147:5 

Father, I cry out to you with all my heart. There are circumstances today that trouble me 

deeply. Help me to put my hope in you instead of myself. Teach me to make the most of 

my time so that I may grow in wisdom. Replace all those years of wrong choices with 

your Holy leading from this day forward. Be with me in the decisions I have to make so 

that my efforts will be successful. When I feel myself slipping back to old habits, I ask for 

your unfailing love to support me.  As doubt begins to fill my mind, comfort me and 

renew my hope. Lead me from the temptation to follow the advice of the wicked by 

staying deeply rooted in your truths. Tell me clearly what to do and show me the way to turn. 

Bless me, Father, I pray, for I know my success comes from you. 

[What circumstances are troubling you today? Lay them before the Lord.]

No comments:

Post a Comment