Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day Three: Confessions of the Heart


Day Three of Thirty Days of Prayers From the Psalms
 Psalms 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, 13, 14, 18, 22, 37, 42, 46, 53, 116 

But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. 
Psalm 3:3 

Father God, I cry out for your mercy on me. I ask that you have compassion on me 

today. My heart is in anguish and fear overwhelms me. I am weak with heart sickness, 

worn out from sobbing. My vision is blurred by grief. I seek protection in the shadow of 

your wings until this storm of life has passed. Rescue me, Lord, lead me to safety. If I 

am guilty of any wrongdoing, please make me fully aware so that I may repent. Look 

deep within my mind and heart. Have mercy on me, for you do not ignore those who cry 

for help. You alone are my refuge in these days of distress. When I feel afraid, I will put 

my trust in you and praise your name. For you keep track of all my sorrows and collect 

all my tears. Father, I cry out to you to restore the light to my eyes and to my life. Bring 

your light into my darkness. 

I lay before you all my fears today. 

[What is causing your heart sickness today? Pray to God about them now.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment