Friday, September 16, 2011

Day Four: Praising Him


Day Four of Thirty Days of Prayers From The Psalms
Praising Him 
 Psalms 8, 19, 29, 57, 65, 84, 121, 138, 144 

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which 
you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you 
care for him? Psalm 8:3 

 Father, your majesty is evident throughout the entire Earth. The nighttime gives us the 

moon and stars you set in place, and you alone allow the sun to rise in the morning in 

all its radiance. In it, your glory shines over all the earth. Your voice thunders over the 

mighty sea and makes the desert quake. By your power and strength, you formed the 

mountains. You are the maker of the heavens and the earth and the maker and 

preserver of my life. You love me so much that you keep watch over me day and night
You will not let me stumble and fall. 

 Forgiver of my sins and full of unfailing love. You reign as king forever. Though you are 

great and mighty, you care for the humble. In your loving gentleness, you give me 

strength and bless me with peace. Lord, you are my light and my protector, giving me 

grace and glory. Oh, the joy I can receive when I completely trust in you! You are my

rock when I am weak. Your love is my fortress, delivering me from the power of the 

enemy. The river of your blessings never runs dry.

[What words of praise can you give your heavenly Father from just this prayer?  For 
example, Creator, Protector, and so forth.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment