Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day Fifteen: Confession of the Heart


Day Fifteen of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms 
Confession of the  Heart 
Psalms 32, 36, 38, 51, 119 

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil. Psalm 37:8 

Father forgive me for I have sinned against you. I ask that you would not let sin anoint 

my head, for it has whispered deep within my heart causing blindness to my 

wrongdoing. I recognize my rebellion, and it is haunting me. My guilt is overwhelming 

and this burden is too heavy to bear. I long for you Lord. I am deeply sorry for what I 

have done. Because of my actions, I have alienated those around me. Help me to avoid

evil or thoughtlessly fall into bad company. Donʼt keep looking at my sin, but remove the 

stain of my guilt. I desire a loyal spirit within me. Restore me to the joy of your salvation, 

and make me willing to obey you. Teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course. 

Give me insight so I can do what you tell me. 

You say you guide me along the best pathway for my life. You advise me and watch 

over me. Purify my heart, Father, so that I may obey you today. 

[Pour out the confession of your heart to the Lord.] 

No comments:

Post a Comment