Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day Eight: Thankfulness


Day Eight of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms
Thankfulness 
Psalms 119: 7, 15, 19, 35, 47, 54, 58, 93, 111, 116

I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not 
neglect your word. Psalm 119:15-16 

How thankful I am today to have your holy word to live by, teaching me how to stay pure 

in my heart. I offer my gratefulness to you, Lord, to reflect on your ways and find delight 

in your word. Thank you for revealing your truths to me, opening my eyes, and guiding 

my path through scripture, reviving my spirit daily and encouraging me to walk in faith. I 

pray for an eagerness to know your word. Delight me with your word, for it is the music

of my heart and compass for my life. Your holy and living book remains true in all 

generations. I lean on your word for restoration of body and soul, saving me, and 

making me whole. 

Thank you for my Bible being a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. It is a treasure 

and my heartʼs delight. My quiet time with you gives me hope and sustains me through 

the day. If I rise early to seek you, you are there. If I stay awake through the night, you 

are with me. Your faithful love hears my cry. With a thankful heart, I come to you today 

that I may make these requests known to you. [List them.]

No comments:

Post a Comment