Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day Twenty-Two: Confessions of the Heart


Day Twenty-two of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms 
Confessions of the Heart 
Psalms 28, 29, 31, 139

Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most 
Holy Place. Psalm 28:2 

Investigate my life, O God. I am an open book to you. You watch me grow through all

stages of my life. I ask that you come close to me today and hear my prayers. 

I tell you what I need, calling out for help and lifting my arms toward 

your inner sanctum. I am asking you to carry me like a good shepherd carries his 

sheep. I run to you, God, for dear life. Free me from the traps I so easily fall in. If I put 

my life in your hands, you do not drop me, you never let me down. I ask for your 

kindness when I feel hollow inside. My troubles can wear me out. Desperately, I throw 

myself on you. You are my God. Hour by hour, I place my days in your hands. You warm 

me with your smile, you save me because you love me. Help me to be brave, to be 

strong, and not to give up. 

[What do you need to specifically confess to the Lord today?] 

No comments:

Post a Comment