Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day Twenty-Nine:Confessions of the Heart


Day Twenty-nine of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms 
Confessions of the Heart 
Psalms 51, 55, 65 

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great 
compassion blot out my transgressions. Psalm 51:1 

Heavenly Father, giver of grace, generous in love, huge in mercy, I ask today that you 

wipe away my record of sin. I know how wrong I am. My sins are staring me down. I am 

overloaded with guilt, my sins too much for me. You are the one I sin against, and you 

see the full extent of my evil. You have all the facts before you. You are justified in

whatever decisions you make about me. Forgive me , Father, I have been out of step for 

a long time. What you desire is the truth from the inside out. I ask that you enter my 

heart and conceive in me a new life, one that is true. Make a fresh start in me. Breathe

your breath of holiness to revive my spirit. You alone forgive all my transgressions. I call 

to you, Father. I know you will help me any time of day or night. You hear and rescue 

me. I give my troubles to you, and you ease my burden, always there to sustain me. 

[Confess to the Lord what is on your heart this day.]

No comments:

Post a Comment