Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day Twenty-Three: Thankfulness


Day Twenty-three of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms 
Thankfulness 
Psalms 30, 31, 32, 33 

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs 
of deliverance. Psalm 32:7 

Father, today I give all the credit to you for the blessings in my life. When I am down and 

out, you pull me out of the grave and give me another chance at life. My nights of crying 

give way to days of laughter. When I try to do life on my own, I fall to pieces. You turn 

my tears into dancing and my mourning into joy. God, my God, I can never thank you 

enough. A stack of blessings you pile up for me, ready and waiting. Thank you for being 

a cave in which I can hide  when life gets crazy. I count myself blessed to get a fresh 

start, my slate wiped clean. You hold nothing against me and you are holding nothing 

back from me. When I confess my sins to you, the pressure of guilt dissolves, and my 

sin disappears. My heart rejoices, for I trust in your holy name. 

[List the specific blessings you are thankful for today.]

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this powerful prayer steeped in God's Word and for commenting on my blog. Looks like we have a lot in common. Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete