Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day Twenty-Four: Confessions of the Heart


Day Twenty-four of Thirty Days of Prayers from the Psalms 
Confessions of the Heart 
Psalm 119 

My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word. 
Psalm 119:81 

Father, I ask that you to give me lessons for living, give me insight so I can do what you 

tell me. May my entire life be obedient. Give me understanding for what is of eternal 

value and not for worthless things that will perish. Divert my eyes from selfish gain. Let 

your love, God, shape my life. 

Before I knew the truth, I wandered all over the place, but now I am in step with your 

word, hungering for it, hanging on for dear life. What you say stays as permanent as the 

heavens and holds me up in difficult times. I am overwhelmed with a heaviness of grief 

within my heart. Hear my prayers, Lord. I pray that I may be encouraged today. 

[Confess to your Heavenly Father what is on your heart today.] 

Father, I am your servant. Let your love dictate how you deal with me. Turn my way, 

look kindly on me, as you always do to those who love you. Steady my steps with your 

word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment