Monday, March 19, 2012

Prayer Retreat

I've been out of commission for a while.
It's good to be writing in my blog again. I spent much of December and January preparing for a retreat I led on prayer. These intelligent and amazing women are viewed above.

My favorite part of the retreat is when we get alone with God and have personal quiet time.



When you feel the need to pray, do you recognize that it is not you seeking God but God Himself seeking you through your prayer life?

I love to pray the scriptures. Here are some of my favorite. When praying God's Word back to Him you can make it personal with I, me, mine, etc.

Try it!

Praise the Lord, I tell myself; with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name.
Praise the Lord, I tell myself,
and never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's!
The Lord gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly. He revealed His character to Moses and His deeds to the people of Israel.
The Lord is merciful and gracious; he is slow to get angry and full of unfailing love.
He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever.
He has not punishes for all our sins, nor does he deal with us as we deserve. For His unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the eight of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our rebellious acts as far away from us as the east is from the west.
Psalm 103:1-12

Praying scripture for those you love. Insert the name of someone you want to pray for in these scriptures.

When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you might inner strength through His Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God
s marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand for all God's people should how wide, how long, how high and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of love and power that comes from God. Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.
Ephesians 3:14-20

No comments:

Post a Comment