Monday, March 26, 2012

Endurance or Perseverance?

Discovering Simple Joy: Concerning Our Days 
A Continuation of How we view the life around us.


Do you find yourself "enduring" you day? If I could just get through this day, this work week. Or in my case, If I could just stay awake one more hour I won't be embarrassed about going to sleep at 9:00 o'clock.
Enduring, not enjoying.
Most of our time on this earth is made up of a series of daily mundane experiences. So how do we go from day to day existing to pushing on for the cause? How do we complete the task the Lord has given us (Acts 20:24) for His glory and His purpose? Can you and I find contentment in the daily faithfulness to the One who put this task before us?
Enduring or persevering, it's a choice every day we face when our feet hit the floor in the morning.
This is the day the Lord has made and I'm going to rejoice in it! [My version of Psalm 118:24]


Simple joy #5 - I will choose to persevere with joy today; 
while folding socks,
while sitting in a cubicle,
while standing in line...




... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us
Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment