Thursday, September 2, 2010

Developing Personal Quiet Time With God



Where do I find the time for bible study?The kids are up at the crack of dawn, I send them to school, rush to do the work I do, then there is the grocery store, prepare dinner, help the kids with homework, get them ready for bed. I’m exhausted by the end of the day!

As women we live a fast pace life running from one thing to another. We almost feel guilty if we sit and take time for ourselves. Ladies-- personal quiet time with God, will be the  most well spent time in our day. If we prioritize our day by putting God first, he will give us the time to complete what needs to be done for that day. After all, the Creator designed how many hours should be in one day. I know God is not saying “Girl, you are way too busy for studying my Word. Don’t worry about it, take care of all that other stuff first!”  
How important is daily quiet time?
It’s time away. Away from the busyness of life. The children, phone, laundry, work, errand running, the list goes on and on. It’s just you and the One longing to be your best friend. It is intimate time worshipping Him.

 Find a place and a time that is free of distraction. All you need is a pen, paper and your Bible.
The habit  of putting Christ first every day will change your mood, relationships, and affect all those within your care.
The Word
by Sara Groves
I've done every devotional
Been every place emotional
Trying to hear a new word from God
And I think it's very odd
That while I attempt to help myself
My Bible sits upon my shelf
With every promise I could ever need

And the Word was
And the Word is
And the Word will be

No comments:

Post a Comment