Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Taking Care of My Husband




Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.
 Romans 12:1-3
My husband has gotten the news that his cholesterol is high and his diet must change. It has been suggested to him to cut out as much animal products as possible. Being the good wife that I am, I google low cholesterol  menus and make everything from scratch. I must confess at times I want to say, “Honey, just get back on your medicine and let’s go have a steak”. But instead, I bear my cute apron, work tirelessly in the kitchen and still manage to look like June Cleaver. (Not really, except for the apron part). 
I lay in bed at night with my tummy growling and I dream I am withering away. So as my husband works diligently at the office to make a living for this family.... I sneak off to Chik-Fil-A and chow down!! Oh, the sweet savor of the #1 combo meal, on wheat buns of course!
Back to reality. This is not a food blogsite, however, I must share with you this amazing Country style gravy recipe. Ya’ll, it is really tasty!
2 c hot water
3 T soy sauce
1 T onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 c cashews
1 T yeast
1 T corn starch

No comments:

Post a Comment