Thursday, June 17, 2010

Calling All Middle-Aged White Rapper Moms!




Christian Women Online

Toby Mac plays on the radio and I start my version of a forty-seven year old white rapping mom. My son pleads for me to stop. What?! Am I not allowed to be silly? Too bad, it’s in the blood. My ninety- something year old grandmother used to do the hula for us and shake like Elvis. She also use to speak her mind whenever and wherever she saw a “long- haired hippie”. Just for fun, she used to stick her tongue out of her toothless mouth at other drivers while at an intersection. I don’t condone this behavior now, for fear of being shot, but she did love being silly. It seems I inherited it!

Laughter is great medicine for the body and soul. All throughout the Bible is recorded times of singing, dancing, and laughing with shouts of joy! When my husband and I were going through a particularly difficult time in our young married life, it was suggested to us to find something to laugh about together daily. We took this seriously and it really worked! It doesn’t make problems go away, but for a moment it buffers any hurt or fear you may be experiencing. It’s okay to be silly.

I saw a woman today in her sixties and she was toting a hot pink and turquoise bag that read take a giggle break. How true it is! I think it's even more crucial as we get older to hold this philosophy. if not, we take life way too seriously! That's no fun.

How do you find ways to be silly? What makes you cock your head back, wet your pants, laugh 'til you cry? Am I alone here? Are there any other middle- aged white rapper moms?


Surprise us with love at daybreak; then we'll skip and dance all th

e day long. Make up for the bad times with some good times; we've seen enough evil to last a lifetime. Psalm 90:11 The

Message



1 comment:

  1. "take a giggle break"

    Love that! We often forget to just heartily laugh out loud. It makes life so much better.

    ReplyDelete