Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Dog and Butterfly


My son managed to snap this picture. A beautiful butterfly descending upon my flowers next to our front porch. This delicate, graceful creature perched upon the flowers brought a smile to my face and such a sense of peace. Ahhh, nature, I love it.
It just took a second for my son to capture the beauty of this butterfly, and it just took a second for my dog to capture it and eat it. Suddenly my smile turns to a scream as if I just witnessed a murder (well, I did). How could my faithful golden retriever be so, so unfaithful? The neighbors came running when they heard my scream and I had to relive the horror all over again to them.

Isn't it odd how our day can go from calm to chaos in a second?
Thankfully, our Lord remains with us to hold us up whether our chaos is minor (ok, I'll get over the butterfly) or a storm that is so dark we can't seem to find our way. Jesus' words comfort me both in my ever day real life chaos and when the storm is so treacherous that my ship is sinking.
"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid. John 14:27

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Debbie! So happy to see you're using your writing talents to uplift our Savior. I would love it if you would visit my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete