Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Caution: Under Reconstruction!


On most days I drive on a highway near my house that is under construction. I face constant road blocks, detours and rough spots, causing frustration and impatience rising up inside of me. I must endure this for a while knowing that when it is completed it will be worth it. The highway will be smoother and faster to my destination.
When I became a believer, God made a highway through this heart of mine that is an ongoing reconstruction job. To build a highway requires raising up the lows places and leveling out the high ones. Likewise, he raises the valley of my low spots of despair and discouragement and levels the mountain of pride and ego. All the crooked places of deception and dishonesty he reveals to me, making it smooth. He is not through with me yet, but on that day of completion, it will be worth it.

And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness;
   it will be for those who walk on that Way. Isaiah 35:8

  Father God, thank you for loving me enough to not leave me as you found me, but are molding me more like you.  

1 comment:

  1. Amen I love how you said God made a highway through your heart. He is continually doing constructions in the hearts of His people, if we will allow Him to.

    ReplyDelete