Monday, October 25, 2010

We Are Not Home Yet!

I attended the Women of Faith conference this past weekend. Looking out over a sea of faces, I realized each woman there had her own story, her own share of troubles. Equal to the bonding of souls I witnessed, was the brokenness of hearts.

“In this world you will have trouble.....”

 I am reminded  of all the suffering the Israelites went through between their release from slavery and arriving in the Promise Land. Although God was with them, they had their share of trouble. He had to keep reminding them they could trust Him along the journey.

Like the Israelites, I have been saved, I am no longer a slave to sin, but I have not yet reached my Promised Land. So there will be suffering and longing for peace while I am on this journey. This journey which will take a lifetime to get me to my final destination.

How is God calling you and me to trust Him along the way?
To finish the scripture I began, In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16: 32-33

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to find your blog today!!! It's so nice to meet another sister in Christ! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Blessings!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete